Adunis: The Fall (From Arabic)

The Fall
By Adunis
Translated by A.Z. Foreman

I l
ive between fire and plague,
With my language, with these worlds all mute,
I live in apple-grove and sky,
in the first happiness and the despondency
of when it was Eve and I,
master of that cursed tree,
master of fruit.
I live between clouds and sparks,
in stone that grows, 
in a book that knows
secrets and the Fall.

The Original:

قصيدة السقوط
ادونيس

أعيشُ بَينَ النارِ والطاعون
مَع لغتي، مع هذه العوالِمِ الخُرَساء
أعيشُ في حديقةِ التُفاحِ والسَماء
في الفَرَح الأوّل والقَنوط
بينَ يدَي حواء 
سيّد ذاك الشجر الملعون
وسيّد الثمار 
أعيشُ بين الغَيم والشَرار
في حَجَر يكبُرُ،  في كتاب
يعلَمُ الأسرار والسُقوط.


1 comment:

  1. Your post was fantastic! Your perspective is enlightening. I encourage you to continue writing.

    ReplyDelete